I started thinking about the whole funeral process that comes with death. One of the things that I think would be the hardest thing to do is to write a eulogy for someone. I think that is probably one of the hardest things you'll ever have to write. You have to figure out what you want to say about that person when I'm sure there seems like there is so much to say. You have to write a speech that pretty much sums up someone's life. At the same time you are coping with the death of that person and nervous that you won't do a good job. Where do you begin? How do you decide what would be good to say? My Dad told me that he had to write the eulogy for his father and he said it was one of the hardest things he's ever had to do. He said that he was really sad and didn't know what to say but he wanted to say something great. I can't even imagine that.
I don't know if I would be able to write a eulogy for someone. I think about if I had to write a eulogy for my parents and I don't think I could do it. Sure there are lots of things I could say. The memories we had, the things they taught me, the little things that made them unique and special people. But I don't know if I could stand up there and be composed and not get emotional. I really admire the people that give eulogies at funerals because they must be really strong. I suppose that writing a eulogy could be a very therapeutic thing. It probably helps the person to accept the death of someone and write down what they loved about them.
I also started thinking about what I would want someone to say in my eulogy. What would you want people to remember about you? I actually think it's a great exercise because it puts your life in perspective. If someone wrote a eulogy for you right now what would they say and what would they remember about you? Well it's definitely something to think about.
Well here are some links if you ever need help writing a eulogy:
eulogy writing made easy>
eulogy>
what is a eulogy>
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your right, it's interesting to think about what someone would write about me right now and how I would be remembered, it's a scary thought to think about that.
I feel that if someone has to give a eulogy or if I ever do, I think it's important that you speak about how your feeling and what that person meant to you-talk from your heart. I don't feel that a eulogy has to be a speech that is tight and formal-it should be a special time to express your feelings for that particular person.
I totally agree. A eulogy shold definitely be something from the heart.
Post a Comment